Friday, October 18, 2013

"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."

"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."- Churchill (Drew Headlee)

During our team meeting with Dr. Jarrod Spencer this week we all were discussing quotes, sayings, mantras, ect.. that we believe could be helpful for others on the team this season. Coach Headlee shared the quote by Winston Churchill and it has been running, well more like racing, through my head ever since. Those 12 words are exactly what I have been searching for when I try to describe what is going to happen this year with Lehigh Wrestling. I have been struggling to accurately express what is happening within the inner circle my team -- because by my nature I am not a boastful person who hides behind big words and expectations. However, I know that this year is the start of something very unique and special.  I know that we are going to make our mark in the history books.  I know that we are going to surprise a lot of people who are counting us down and out. I can say with complete confidence and honesty that my team is one of the very best in the country, and come March we are going to prove just  that.  I know this because aren't leaving it up to chance or good favor any longer, we are taking our future into our own hands and ensuring that we do everything possible to be successful.

This week has been amazing! I have had the privilege of attending two alumni events which have forever changed my personal take on Lehigh Wrestling.  The men that have and continue to be part of this program are truly remarkable human beings, and it was an honor to have the ability to spend some time with them. 

The team is continuing to battle in the practice room. We are now less than a week away from wrestle-offs (can you believe it?) so everyone is a little tense. I will be excited to get them over with so we can move on toward bigger and better things.

Overall, I am so proud of the team and their commitment and effort so far. We believe that we are one of the very best teams in the country and we are working to have the opportunity to prove that every single day.

One Team. One Heartbeat. Go Hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment