Monday, September 23, 2013

The Season Is Almost Here!

I have quickly formed a routine.. Everyday at 4:15pm I walk up the steps and head to the spot in the wrestling room that is quickly becoming "my perch".  I sit against the wall, tie the laces of my wrestling shoes, and scope out the beginning of practice. Coach Santoro has a gift of being able to know the energy level of the team the moment he walks up the steps. I, however, need about 10 minutes to figure out how everyone is feeling.

The team has been making it easier on me lately though, we are continually working harder and harder has the season creeps closer and closer.  While the energy level picks up I find myself getting more into practice.  Not preparing from competition everyday is still hard for me to get used too, but I am finding ways to fill that gap.  

As a team we look forward to Wednesday's. For the past few weeks we have been told to get outside and away from the mats for the day. This week we called Gimp and played a few games of ultimate frisbee. It was much more successful then when we attempted to play football! Thank you Gimp for playing with us! 

Friday morning we attacked our 645am workout.  We all met Coach behind the Caruso Complex and the guys killed a hill sprint/ stairs workout. I was really proud of the way they responded after a hard week in the wrestling and weight room. In order for us to be successful we all have to give 100%, 100% of the time.. no excuses, no exceptions.. and they gave their 100% this week. 

Our "new home" for Lehigh Wrestling is continuing to take shape. We finally have pictures on the walls and trophies in the cases. We will be adding some hardware to them

these next for seasons. The season is almost here. Not long now! 

One Team. One Heartbeat. Go Hawks! 





1 comment:

  1. Thank you guys for playing with an old guy.
    I missed throwing you a hammer- but had fun seeing Darian try for the one I threw him.

    ReplyDelete